Isabelle WEKSTEIN is the founding partner of the Firm and holder of a Certificate of Aptitude for the Profession of Attorney, a DEA in business law and is a certified specialist in Intellectual Property.
Isabelle represents press organisations, audiovisual groups, performing rights associations, TV broadcasters, online platforms as well as artists and producers from the whole creative and artistic sector.
She also advises banks, investment funds and company groups in relation to mergers, acquisitions and restructuring, in particular in the media industries.
Isabelle has appeared before the European Commission and then at the European Court of Justice in numerous concentration cases against parties such as Lagardère/EDITIS (VUP), Sony/BMG and Universal Music/EMI. She therefore has very significant experience in competition law.
Isabelle is often in Brussels for matters on issues of unfair competition or abuse of dominant position as was recently seen in the case of IMPALA (a European Association) against the tech giant Google.
Since late 2008, Isabelle has been involved in the Madoff cases in France, Luxembourg, Ireland aswell as the USA.
For more than twelve years, at the same time as being an attorney, Isabelle has devoted time to the struggle against racism, anti-semitism, citizenship education and the support of initiatives for Judeo-Arab coexistence in France and the Middle East.
- Member of the executive committee of the International Association of Entertainment Lawyers (IAEL)
- Member of the Franco-British Council
- Co-author and co-director of the documentary Les français c’est les autres, Avec Productions, (2016)
- Contributions and publications on copyright, publishing and the internet at the Dalloz, Légipresse, La Semaine Juridique and the Huffington Post
- Co-editor and co-author of the Guide de la Diversité Culturelle by Naïve Publications/ Acte Sud (2008)
- Editor and co-author of the publication Competition published by Maklu Publishers (2006), on the subject of concentrations in the creative industries.
- Author of the publication Droits voisins du droit d’auteur et numérique published by Litec (2001)